Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Roy behind the Avs bench?

Brian Thompson, Colorado Avalanhhe Examiner, linked me to this article, which a lot of you may (should) be interested in. Could we really see Patrick back in Denver? Fingers crossed.


Jibblescribbits said...

I'm skeptical of Roy behind the Avs bench.

He has the passion and fire, but Legends have a bad track record as coaches, and Roy is notoriously impatient. I'm not sure he'd be a good fit with a young club.

I think a better fit would be Mark McCutcheon (Buffalo assistant) or Kevin Dineen (Portland Pirates Head Coach)

Adam Hersh said...

I'm a bit skeptical as well, though the fanboy in me would swoon at seeing him behind the bench. I remember watching Dineen play, and was interested in him last year when we were searching for a coach as well. I also think a guy like Guy Carboneau could light a fire under this team as well.